Thursday, October 2, 2008

Randy Pausch


After Watching Randy Pausch's last lecture titled "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" I am now confident I learned a lot. In the beginning of the lecture he tells you that he has brain cancer and is terminally ill. After watching this I remember thinking how it reminded me of my grandfather who died five years ago from cancer. I also felt like any body can accomplish anything as long as they put their mind to it!

Randy Pausch had some excellent ideas. He tells you to never give up. His theory is that brick walls are supposed to pop up when you least expect them. You just have to keep on going with your everyday life. NEVER give up! I believe this is one of the best things you could do. I completely agree.

Pausch tells you that it is very important to achieve your own goals and never stop trying! I feel as those is great in every aspect. If you take the easy way and just try to get through life then what will you have to show for it? I know I rush through my school work, but I guarantee that when I spend a lot of time on a project and I am proud of then I feel a sense of gratitude to myself. In life you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride not just do enough to get by!

Randy Pausch has taught some of the present day geniuses. Through his classes and lectures he makes you believe the you can and should always work to your potential. I feel so moved by watching this movie. I believe Randy Pausch's ideas should be shared with more then just our class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I thought his lecture was great. Probably, the most entertaining and best spoken. He was very sharp and I loved his story!