Monday, October 6, 2008

Podcasting

After listening to educational podcasts at KidCast, EdTechtalk, MacBreak Weekly, and SmartBoard Lessons Podcast I realized that podcasts should be relaxed, yet the speakers need to be confident of the knowledge of the material they are talking about. The podcasts should not be rehearsed so that there conversation does not lack enthusiasm.

Listening to these podcasts it reminded me of listening to the radio. The speakers really seemed to have a knowledge of the material they covered. When we do our podcasts next week everyone needs to remember to just be involved in the conversation and make sure they get their input added in!

These podcasts will serve a a great example of how they should be used in the classroom. It prepares me better for next week when I do my own. I am now reminded to speak loud and clearly.

E-mail and blogs are a great asset in the classroom, but podcasts are on a whole different level. As a future teacher I realize that I can record my future lessons and upload them as podcasts as a reference to the students who need additional help as well as the parents to let them know exactly what material we are covering. These lessons could also be used as additional references to other teachers! Podcasting is the future education in my opinion.

No comments: