Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Electronic Contact Assignment

So i spent a few weeks trying to get a teacher to e-mail me back. My last resource was teacher lingo website. One that I site I posted who I was and why I was trying to contact someone. (Edm 310) Within a few days, I had a teacher contact me from Africa. Her name was Miss. Hayes and she taught grade two.
In her school she said that the just replaced all their blackboards white "white boards" similar to that called a smart board. She said so far she had only used the board twice, but her students in her class loved the board. It's very similar to a computer generated board.

Unfortunately she does not have a class blog web page, but she does have a blog of her own teaching. This can be viewed at Miss. Hayes site. Miss Hapes said, "All I can remember when I was in Primary school (1991 - 1997) was playing educational games. We never learned how to use a computer, whereas nowadays, children are learning basic end user skills right from Gr 1. Our Gr 7's are, at the moment, learning how to use Excel formulas which is excellent as I only learned that at my first year varsity."

It's amazing how much technology is not only changing people in the United States, but across the world! Where would everyone be without technology?

No comments: